Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Welcome To The Pylons Development Blog

Hello,

Welcome to my Pylons development blog. I just starting a huge project which is going to be developed using mostly the Pylons web framework. I am going to blog all of the problems that I encounter, the solutions I found I used, and general information regarding the framework, the modules, or Python in general.

A little background. I have a BS in Electrical Engineering and an MS in Applied Mathematics. My expertise in machine learning, computer vision, and data mining. I am have recently begun development on a new web service which I plan on turning into a company. When the idea is finished I plan on providing a link.

I attempted to use Ruby on Rails for three months before moving to Pylons. I choose to switch because:

1) I absolutely hate ruby
2) I thought the rails framework was confusing and weird
3) I love python, and Pylons is using MVC

I was having a tough time deciding between Pylons & Django, but in the end I chose Pylons because it seemed like the framework was more dynamic, and I could add/remove pieces I no longer need.

I also plan on posting solutions to jQuery and CSS, because I am doing front-end development also.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Francis,

    I'm a web developer working in a highly acclaimed digital effects studio in Singapore. Just like you, I also embarked on a huge Pylons project this year. It's great to know another Pylons enthusiast. I've been using Pylons for about a year now and I have to say I love it. Everything about the MVC just makes sense.....RoR just confused me, plus I hate the Ruby syntax.

    I initially wanted to post the problems and solutions on my blog but, I lost momentum. After reading your blog, I think I'll add in my $0.02 regularly in 2011.

    Happy New Year!

    -Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found Hubwit as a transparent s ite, a social hub which is a conglomerate of Buyers and Sellers who are ready to offer online digital consultancy at decent cost. zeroavia

    ReplyDelete